The 2019 Rice Football is complete. Carter and Matthew look back at the year and hand out The Roosties, season-long superlatives for top players and plays.
It’s been a wild ride, but the 2019 Rice Football season has reached its conclusion. In addition to the more conventional awards — Team MVP, Offensive Newcomer of the Year, Special Teams Player of the Year, etc — we’ve taken some creative liberties with these awards.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 21 below.
Episode 21 Notes
- The Roost Postseason Survey — Thank you to all who have followed the podcast or the website this season. The journey has been a fun one and we’ve been glad to be here every step of the way. But we want to get better, too. Let us know what you liked and what you didn’t in this brief survey. Thanks!
- Rice Football end of season thoughts — Before getting to the fun, Carter and Matthew give their parting thoughts on the 2019 season. The offense had moments but was a bit underwhelming compared to preseason expectations. On the other hand, the defense had a year better than just about everyone’s expectations. On the whole, things are headed in the right direction. The tone of the offseason should once again be optimistic.
- The Roosties
- Favorite Play
- Player You Were Most Wrong About
- Most Improved Unit
- Play/Game You Most Want to Redo
- Player You’ll Miss the Most
- Out of Nowhere Star
- Most Valuable Transfer
- Best Block
- Most Dominant Game
- Player You’re Most Looking Forward to in 2020
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- NCAA D1 Council votes for extra year of eligibility for spring-sports
- Rice Football Recruiting: New 2021 offers continue through the shutdown
- The Roost Podcast | Ep. 26 – Rice Owls Voice JP Heath and 2010s Mount Rushmore
- Rice Basketball: Owls ready for next step in 2020 and beyond