Carter and Matthew breakdown the Rice football loss to Middle Tennessee and preview the Owls upcoming game against Southern Miss.
The first game didn’t go how Rice football fans would have hoped, but there’s a lot more to unpack in the Middle Tennessee loss than just the final score. Carter and Matthew work through the refreshingly potent offense and what to take from the defensive struggles.
From there, they discuss how what we learned from that game will impact the Owls’ upcoming road trip to Hattiesburg to face a Southern Miss team on their third head coach of the season.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 58.
Episode 58 Notes
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, and new this week, film room sessions from Carter. He breaks down the biggest plays from the Owls’ games. You’ll also get recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- Conference USA had no games canceled in Week 8, but already two canceled in Week 9.
- Marshall is the last remaining unbeaten C-USA squad, ranked No. 19 in the AP Poll
- Rice Football vs Middle Tennessee game preview
- Quadruple doink could be a once in a millennium event
- Mike Collins started slow, but played well in debut game
- Defense had missteps, but injuries and rust played a big part
- Despite mistakes, still had a chance to win
- Rice Football vs Southern Miss game recap
- Interim coach Scottie Walden is headed to Austin Peay. Southern Miss will turn to its third head coach of the season
- Jack Abraham is the probable start, but nothing set in stone yet with COVID protocols. Backup Tate Whatley could miss the game.
- The Southern Miss defense is really bad.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.