The Roost Podcast is back for Episode 2 where Carter and Matthew break down the Rice football offense in 2019, complete with MVPs and sleepers at each position.
Carter and Matthew are back with Episode 2 of The Roost Podcast. Last week in Episode 1 we talked through the 2019 schedule. If you haven’t yet, you should go ahead and give that a lesson. It should serve as sufficient grounding for Episode 2, where we break down the offense in great detail.
Give a listen to Episode 2 below.
Episode 2 Notes
- Quarterbacks — The latest on how the quarterback battle is shaping up and what to make of the buzz surrounding freshman quarterback Jovoni Johnson.
- Running backs and fullbacks — Our best estimate on how the carries will be distributed to start the season and how Rice plans to utilize several very different backs.
- Wide receivers — A clarification on what we know about the Aaron Cephus suspension and what to expect from the other receivers on the roster. Which freshman have made waves early in camp?
- Tight ends — Why weren’t the tight ends as productive last year as expected? More on Jonathan Sanchez and Robert French and how they could be productive pieces of the offense this season.
- Offensive line — Assessing the depth on the outside and the inside. Where do the three grad transfers fit into the mix and which players are most likely to earn starting jobs out of the gate?
- Carter and Matthew each give a potential offensive MVP and a sleeper to watch for in the 2019 season
Where can you find us?Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Women’s Basketball Preview: Owls seek rebound vs North Texas
- Rice Basketball: Glue-guy Drew Peterson has become one of Owls’ leaders
- College Football transfer rules could be changing soon
- Rice Baseball: Complete 2020 Walk up song playlist