If you haven’t purchased the 2019 Rice Football Season Preview yet, you should. Here are three things that make this preview a must-have for Owls’ fans.
This idea for this preview originally came forth from my preseason preparations. Here are three things I considered a must-have, so I gathered them for myself. It was only after they were all in one place the value of this information began to crystallize and I set out to make it the most comprehensive source for the 2019 Rice Football team that exists.
1. A helpful schedule
The extended schedule page has everything you need to know as a fan for every game on the 2019 Rice Football Schedule. Beyond the start time and broadcast information (which changes from game to game), there are details about each opponent.
The all-time series, last games and school background give you a better flavor for each contest — and it’s all in one place. No googling. Just pull up the preview on your phone and reference it whenever you’d like, that goes for in-season, too.
2. The best snapshot of the entire roster
Did you know Rice Football added 40 players this offseason? 10 transfers plus 30 freshmen make for more names to learn in fall camp than many might have anticipated.
There are pages and pages dedicated to every player on the roster and individuals notes will be shared on the site throughout fall camp. For me, this page is a staple, the best singular snapshot of the entire roster that I’ve seen.
3. A realistic depth chart
The only depth chart released by the university thus far was put together before fall camp began. Charlie Booker, the Harvard transfer who has worked exclusively with the first team, wasn’t even listed. Neither was Adam Nunez, and he could be the Owls’ starting punter this season.
None of that takes into account what will happen at receiver following the indefinite suspension of Aaron Cephus. The depth chart is a fluid situation, but this is a three-deep look across the board at the best bets to contribute at Rice this fall.
What else in the 143 pages?
If that wasn’t enough by itself, there’s plenty more. Get a sample here.
- Notes and profiles on every player on the roster and each position group
- Breakout freshman to watch
- An exclusive interview with head coach Mike Bloomgren
- Deep dives on every Rice opponent and all 14 CUSA teams supported by plugged-in local experts
- All-CUSA Teams
- 15 must-watch games for all CUSA football fans
- 2018 CUSA statistical leaders
What are you waiting for? Pick up your copy today. Already have it? Leave a review in the comments.
- CUSA Media Day Roundup: All eyes on the Rice football offense
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 83 – Realignment and Rice Football with Shehan Jeyarajah
- Olympian Ariana Ince, a fitting ambassador of Rice Athletics, on and off the field
- Rice Baseball: 2021 MiLB Owls mid-July update