Matthew and Carter break down the first game of the 2021 Rice Football season this week, discussing the highs and lows of the Owls vs Arkansas.
There was a mix of good and bad takeaways from the first Rice football game of the season. The Owls opened up a halftime lead against Arkansas, but could not hold the line in the fourth quarter. How the quarterback puzzle fit into the loss, thoughts on it going forward and more will be directed in this week’s show.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 90.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Check out the Blue and Gray Preview Show every Wednesday at Noon, hosted by Matthew and Rice radio broadcaster JP Heath
- Don’t forget to grab your copy of the 2021 Rice Football Season Preview.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice Football vs Arkansas Game Debrief
- The secondary was superb, even with the fourth quarter lull
- The front seven was good, but has opportunities to grow
- Stopping the run and running the ball were both areas that need to be fixed
- What should we make of the quarterback rotation? Will things be different next week?
- One quick look ahead at key matchups against Houston
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.