Rice Football is back at practice this week, but some key players haven’t suited up yet. Carter and Matthew give their panic levels for preseason injuries.
The prior edition of The Roost Podcast featured a big announcement: Rice Football was back! A few days later, there came some less than stellar news. A few key members of the roster have yet to make their preseason debuts with various bumps and bruises, subscribers can read the full update here. Should we be concerned? Carter and Matthew debate the ramifications of the injuries.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 54.
Episode 54 Notes
- Housekeeping — If you haven’t yet, grab a copy of the 2020 Rice Football season preview and subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
Want to take a test drive first? We’ve unlocked a few posts for a limited time so you can get a feel for what to expect as a subscriber.
- Pro Owls Update
- MLB: Anthony Rendon, Brock Holt and Tyler Duffey’s 2020 seasons have come to an end
- NFL: Jack Fox is setting NFL records and crushing his debut. Austin Walter has signed with the 49ers practice squad. Plus, a few updates on the 11 Owls in the NFL.
- Rice Football injury panic meter — Carter and Matthew provide updates on injuries to key Rice players including a few potential starters. Then they debate their level of concern should any of them miss a meaningful amount of time.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Soccer: Owls ready for 2021 spring season
- Rice Football: First glimpse at probable 2021 returners
- Rice Basketball: Shorthanded Owls drop pair vs UAB
- Rice Volleyball: 2021 season begins in thrilling fashion