With the NBA season on hold, former Rice basketball guard and emerging NBA agent Tamir Jackson joined the show to talk about his journey since Rice.
The Roost Podcast marches on as we continue the Extended Offseason interview series. Former Rice basketball point guard Tamir Jackson was this week’s guest and as usual, we covered a wide array of topics with the former Owls’ star who’s currently in the process to become an NBA agent.
Jackson gave his takes on the state of college basketball, the Transfer Portal and how the transfer world bleeds into the NBA today. His insight as someone who played at Rice and considered transferring was particularly notable given the Owls’ current transfer situation.
Read More: Rice Basketball Transfer Tracker
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to our chat with Tamir Jackson on Episode 33.
Episode 33 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. Make sure you Tamir Jackson on Twitter and let him know if you enjoyed having him on the pod.
- Tamir Jackson joins the show — Jackson has been all over the world since leaving South Main. He talked us through this journey hitting on a wide array of basketball topics:
- How he became interested in becoming an NBA agent
- The Transfer Portal and its impact on mid-major basketball
- The Last Dance and why Michael Jordan got mad at him at an event
- His favorite basketball and non-basketball memories of his Rice career
- Jackson’s all-time NBA starting five
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.