Rice Football must regroup and move on after a tough loss to UTSA. Carter and Matthew debrief the game and preview the Owls’ next opponent: Southern Miss.
The most recent Rice football outing produced results that were hard to swallow. But, as they say, the show must go on. There’s plenty of things to break down from the UTSA game. We start there and move on to the Owls’ upcoming matchup with Southern Miss.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 13 below.
Episode 13 Notes
- News and notes — Rice Men’s Basketball starts up on Oct. 31. Anthony Rendon is crushing it in the world series. Stay tuned for a special podcast dropping tomorrow with a guest Rice fans will enjoy.
- UTSA Review — Turnovers have become a serious problem for the Owls and getting to the passer remains an issue as well. On the plus side, Bradley Rozner is emerging as a go-to guy and Blaze Alldredge continues to make play after play.
- Previewing the Southern Miss game — Jack Abraham and the Southern Miss offense are going to pose a big challenge for the Rice defense. The Owls have been improved against the pass this season, but they’re going to have to stay disciplined for a full sixty minutes to contain one of the most lethal units in C-USA. On the other side of the ball, Rice should find some of their success.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Subscribe on Patreon. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with exclusive recruiting updates, practice notes and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Baseball: 2020 Summer Ball July 12 Update
- The Roost Podcast | UTSA Football and CFB news with Jared Kalmus
- Rice Baseball alum Trei Cruz returns to the diamond in Sugar Land
- The State of College Football: COVID-19 changes are on the way