Following a breakdown of Rice Football game against Wake Forest, Carter and Matthew look ahead at the Texas game and talk upsets with a special guest.
Rice Football is two weeks into the 2019 season. What have we learned about this team and what questions still remain? You can find all the previous musings on the podcast page.
In Episode 7, Carter and Matthew discuss the ramifications of the Wake Forest defeat and a few positive takeaways from the game. Then they look ahead, previewing the Owls’ Week 3 game at NRG Stadium against Texas on Sep. 14 at 7:00 pm.
Give a listen to Episode 7 below.
Episode 7 Notes
- News and notes — The pick’em challenge is gaining steam, but we haven’t had a perfect week from anyone … yet. Don’t miss your chance to play along and compete for some end of season prizes.
- Breaking down the Wake Forest game — Starting with the quarterback position and working all the way to the secondary, there was a lot to work through from the Owls’ second Friday night affair. What happened to the running game? After giving up 41 points, should we be concerned or encouraged by the play of the Rice secondary?
- The formula for a Texas-sized upset — Sam, from the Scott and Holman Podcast visits and talked about the Houston Cougars’ 2016 upset of Top 10 Oklahoma. What did the Cougars do on that day (with Tom Herman at the helm) that enabled them to shock the college football world and knock off the Sooners? Can the Owls take away some key learnings?
- Previewing the Texas game — The LSU game provided some meaningful data points about the Longhorns current team. Rice should have a few key areas of advantage, but there’s no doubt this will be the Owls’ toughest tests yet. How does potential starting quarterback Tom Stewart fit into the mix?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Basketball 2020 Game Preview: Men at UTEP | Women at UAB
- Rice Baseball 2020: Previewing the UC Irvine series
- Rice Women’s Basketball Preview: Owls seek rebound vs North Texas
- Rice Basketball: Glue-guy Drew Peterson has become one of Owls’ leaders