Carter and Matthew break down the Army game and look ahead to Rice Football’s Week 2 tilt with Wake Forest in Episode 6 of The Roost Podcast.
Prognosticating is (somewhat) over and the time to break down real football games is here. The podcast hits its weekly rhythm now, settling into a series of shows in which we break down the previous game and look ahead at the next opponent. If you want to look back at any prior shows, you can find those on our podcast page.
In Episode 6, Carter and Matthew break down the heartbreaking one-score loss to Army, then jump ahead to the first home game of the 2019 Rice Football season. The Owls host Wake Forest on Sept. 6 at 7:00 p.m. at Rice Stadium. Get ready for the game by checking out the show.
Give a listen to Episode 6 below.
Episode 6 Notes
- News and notes — Read more about Wake in our 2019 Rice Football Season Preview. Update on Week 1 of our season-long pick’em challenge on the forum. It’s not too late to jump in and join the fun.
- Breaking down the Army game — Where does this game fit in the realm of “moral victories”? More importantly, we talk through which aspects of the Owls performance were encouraging and sustainable. What questions still remain for Week 2 and what solutions are there to some of the Owls early struggles?
- Previewing the Wake Forest game — Wake is going to run a lot more plays and try to attack the Owls down the field. Can the same physicality Rice employed against Army translate to an opponent that is going to play this fast? What does the Rice offense need to adjust to keep pace?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football Recruiting: Flight School 21 wows as National Signing Day nears
- Rice Football 2020: NFL Owls Divisional Round update
- Rice Women’s Basketball 2021: ODU makes Owls work for series sweep
- Rice Basketball 2021: Owls split with ODU, fail to complete Saturday rally