Give a listen to Episode 4 of The Roost Podcast. Carter and Matthew are back, breaking down the 2019 Rice football defense.
After walking through the schedule in Episode 1 and the offense in Episode 2, Carter and Matthew have turned their attention to special teams in Episode 3 and now defense for Episode 4. With fall camp still underway, there’s plenty of time to go back and catch what you’ve missed so far before we turn our attention to Army and game previews in a few weeks.
Give a listen to Episode 4 below.
Episode 4 Notes
- Defensive line — Despite losing two important starters at the position to the Transfer Portal, there’s plenty of ammo returning in 2019. That includes true freshman De’Braylon Carroll who could force his way onto the field sooner rather than later.
- Linebacker — The tandem of Blaze Alldredge and Antonio Montero is going to be special, but the depth behind them is equally exciting.
- Safety — JUCO transfer Naeem Smith and a few experienced hands in Prudy Calderon, Treshawn Chamberlain and George Nyakwol make this another strong spot.
- Corner — Redshirt freshman Andrew Bird has locked down a starting spot, but the rest of the depth chart is fluid. Could a freshman force their way into the mix here?
- Carter and Matthew each give a potential defensive MVP and a sleeper to watch for in the 2019 season
Where can you find us?
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 62 – Rice Football vs North Texas Recap, UTEP Preview
- 2020-2021 Rice Basketball Season Preview
- 2020-2021 Rice Women’s Basketball Season Preview
- Rice Football 2020: NFL Owls Week 11 Stats Update