Rice football got the job done in a must-win home game against UTEP. Was it proof of things to come as the Owls seek a bowl berth?
There was a lot at stake for Rice football this week in their penultimate home game of the 2022 season. The result hung in the balance until the final minutes, but the Owls took care of business at home to earn win number five. From the good to the bad, Matthew and Carter sift through the win over UTEP and assess where the team stands right now on this week’s show.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 132.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes practice updates, analysis and more. Your support matters and makes The Roost better.
Rice Football vs UTEP game recap
- Except for the turnovers, the offense seems to be rounding into form.
- Is TJ McMahon a capital “G” Good quarterback? His improvement over the season has been noticeable
- Christian VanSickle has been fantastic
- The Rice defense has been better than it feels on third down, but not great in key moments
- What’s at stake in the weeks to come? How good should/can we feel about this team?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.