Rice football was blasted at home by a one-win Charlotte team, leaving lots of questions and plenty of bad feelings following the disappointing loss.
There were a lot of adjectives used to describe the product Rice football put on the field this past Saturday against Charlotte. Not many of them were positive. Not only did the Owls lose outright as two-touchdown favorites, but they were manhandled in all three phases by an interim coach-led 49ers squad, leaving lots of questions. We did our best to unpack the game and assess the damage in this week’s show.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 131.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes practice updates, analysis and more. Your support matters and makes The Roost better.
Become a Patron!
Rice Football vs Charlotte game recap
- Is it time to worry about the Rice defense following back to back games allowing 40+ points
- Special teams has a bad day across the board
- The offense wasn’t nearly as bad, but it wasn’t effective enough
- Where’d Juma go? The Owls’ surprise running back stud from the Louisiana Tech game saw just five carries and minimal usage.
- How much should this change our perception of the team?
- What’s at stake in the weeks to come?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.