Rice football cooled off quickly, falling in overtime at home against North Texas only a week removed from their thrilling upset over UAB.
It was a rude awakening for Rice football against North Texas. Despite rallying in the fourth quarter to tie the game in the final seconds on the arm of their backup quarterback, the Owls were unable to finish the job and fell to 3-5 on the season. What are we to make of this team and what iteration shows up next weekend against Charlotte? Carter and Matther discuss just that on this week’s show, plus some C-USA realignment news.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 98.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Check out the Blue and Gray Preview Show every Wednesday at Noon, hosted by Matthew and Rice radio broadcaster JP Heath on the Rice Athletics Youtube Channel
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice football vs North Texas
- Rice loses a starting quarterback to injury, again
- Running game stalls out, again
- Jake Bailey and a host of playmakers emerge on offense.
- Adjusting to a new reality for the Rice defense in 2021
- What adjustments can this team make moving forward?
- Reports of potential new members in Conference USA
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.