Rice football ricocheted from a tough loss to a stunning upset victory. This week we debrief the Owls’ upset win over UAB on the road.
From the lowest of lows back up to the highest of highs, Rice football has run the emotional gauntlet over the past week and change and come out on the better side. The Owls became the first Conference USA team to beat UAB at home since 2014 and the only conference foe to topple the Blazers since their program was reinstated in 2017. How’d they do it? Behind a complete performance from all phases and a near-flawless outing from quarterback Wiley Green.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 97.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Check out the Blue and Gray Preview Show every Wednesday at Noon, hosted by Matthew and Rice radio broadcaster JP Heath on the Rice Athletics Youtube Channel
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice football vs UAB
- Rice wasn’t perfect, but they made the plays when they needed to
- Offense goes 5-for-5 on fourth down
- Both the offensive and defensive line played extremely well
- What do we make of Wiley Green moving forward?
- Season-long expectations and a quick look ahead at North Texas
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2021: NFL Owls Week 11 Stats Update
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 101 – CUSA Review with Eric Henry
- Rice Football 2021 Game Preview: Louisiana Tech
- Conference USA Football 2021: Week 12 C-USA Roundup