The 2020 Rice football has come to an end. We debrief the strange season and recap the final game against UAB.
Rice football saw their season end at the hands of the divisional champion UAB Blazers last Saturday. The Owls had their chances, but couldn’t rally behind their third-string quarterback in the season finale. Carter and Matther debrief the loss and dig into what went wrong and what positives can be taken away.
Then the focus pans out to the season as a whole. How did the Owls fair compare to expectations on both sides of the ball? There was a lot of good to be found, especially considering the team played much of the season missing wide receivers, defensive backs and using multiple quarterbacks.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 66.
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. Get two months free when you subscribe to an annual membership today. There’s a lot more in store for this football program, including the Early Signing Period this week. Get the scoop on the Owls’ 2021 class and more now.
- Conference USA news and notes
- Marshall vs UAB in the Conference USA Championship Game
- Bowl games announced for five teams
- Rice Football vs UAB recap
- Takeaways from the game
- Drive-by-drive breakdowns of the key series
- What happened on the two deep touchdown passes?
- 2020 Season Review
- Big picture takeaways
- Offensive evaluations
- Defensive evaluations
- What’s next? Coming soon…
- Early Signing Period recap show
- 2020 Roosties
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.