Rice football returned to the field this past week against North Texas and struggled. Carter and Matthew recap the game and preview UTEP.
It was a rough Saturday for Rice football. The Roost Podcast walks through what went wrong for the Owls against North Texas and what concerns the team carries with them into their next game against UTEP. There’s still a lot to like about the defense and the offense should find more room to work without Dion Novil crashing the interior this coming weekend.
Carter and Matthew also talk through some of the latest happenings around Conference USA, including a new game scheduled for a Tuesday morning. I suppose that shouldn’t come as too much of a surprise, given what we’ve seen already in 2020.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 62.
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, film room sessions, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- Two games already impacted by COVID-19 at time of recording
- Charlotte and Western Kentucky moved to Tuesday morning at 10:30 a.m.
- Rice Football vs North Texas recap
- What changed from the strong start to the sluggish final three quarters
- Breaking down what went well for the defense with a shout out to corner Chris Boudreaux
- Khalan Griffin’s first career start and high points on the Rice offense
- How does Rice adjust now that this film is out there for opposing defenses?
- Rice Football vs UTEP game preview
- UTEP doesn’t do anything particularly well
- The Rice defense will limit scoring opportunities
- Eliminating self-inflicted mistakes and turnovers will be critical
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Conference USA Football and COVID-19: Postponements abound in 2020
- Rice Women’s Basketball: 2020-2021 Midseason State of the Program
- Rice Football: 10 Takeaways from 2020 season
- Rice Football 2020: NFL Owls Wildcard Round update