The 2020 Rice football team is constructed of studs and up-and-coming stars. Carter and Matthew debate the 15 most important players.
The upswing of this week’s college football rollercoaster has Carter and Matthew optimistically looking toward a 2020 Rice Football season this fall. The duo compares their lists regarding which players are the most important factors in that season becoming a success.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 51.
Episode 51 Notes
- Housekeeping — Make sure you hit the button and subscribe on Patreon so you don’t miss what’s happening. As always, thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference.
- Return to play and news updates
- The Big Ten announced their return to play plans this week
- Pac-12 schools cleared by governors to return to practice
- Recruiting dead period extended through Jan. 1, 2021
- Top 15 Most important Rice football players for 2020
- Carter and Matthew each compiled their own lists independently then revealed them and discussed their criteria live on the podcast.
- There were seven players featured on both lists and a spirited debate on who was too high, too low and who they might have missed.
Spoiler Alert — Top 15 lists below
If you don’t want to know who makes each list before listening… stop reading now.
*Bold players appear in both lists
Carter’s Top 15
T1. Mike Collins, QB
T1. JoVoni Johnson, QB
3. De’Braylon Carroll, DT
T4. Jason White, CB
T4. Andrew Bird, CB
6. Juma Otoviano, RB
T7. Trey Schuman, DE
T7. Kenneth Orji, DE
9. Tre’shon Devones, CB
10. Zane Knipe, WR
11. Treshawn Chamberlain, Viper
12. Blaze Alldredge, LB
T13. August Pitre, WR
T13. Christian McStravick, WR
15. Jovaun Woolford, OL
Matthew’s Top 15
1. Mike Collins, QB
2. Blaze Alldredge, LB
3. De’Braylon Carroll, DT
4. Clay Servin, OL
5. Jordan Myers, TE
6. George Nyakwol, SAF
7. Brad Rozner, WR
8. Treshawn Chamberlain, Viper
9. Austin Trammell, WR
10. Antonio Montero, LB
11. Trey Schuman, DE
12. JoVoni Johnson, QB
13. Shea Baker, OL
14. Juma Otoviano, RB
15. Charlie Mendes, P
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2020 Practice Notes: Post MTSU presser, changes and injuries
- Rice Football 2020: Owls in the NFL Week 7 Update
- Rice Football 2020 Game Preview: Southern Miss
- Rice Football: Bad bounces, poor results and rough goings