Rice football’s schedule was only a piece of a wild week in Conference USA that also included a COVID-19 outbreak and a coaching change.
We might have to wait a little bit longer for Rice football to take the field. In this week’s episode, Carter and Matthew talk through what changes could be coming to the Rice schedule and where the Owls stand when it comes to playing football this fall. Then they hit on the outbreak at Louisiana Tech and the postponement of the Bulldogs’ season opener.
That might have been enough, but the rest of Conference USA had other plans. Jamie Arrington and Jason Bailey from To The Top Talk Podcast stopped by to breakdown Jay Hopson’s departure from Southern Miss after just one game.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 50.
Episode 50 Notes
- Housekeeping — Schedule news and other updates are coming fast and furious. Make sure you hit the button and subscribe on Patreon so you don’t miss what’s happening. You would have been the first to know about the looming schedule changes this past week and more As always, thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference.
- Rice football postpones practice
- No practice this week means to games before the Owls bye week
- What do the Owls hope to achieve with this delay?
- What would a potential further-delayed season look like?
- Louisiana Tech forced to cancel opener
- Impact from Hurricane Laura impacts Louisiana Tech’s players returning to campus
- 38 positive tests on Tuesday force the postponement of the Baylor game
- To The Top Talk talks Southern Miss football
- Jamie and Jason take us behind the curtain of Jay Hopson’s decision to step down
- Potential coaching candidates ranging from interim Scotty Walden to Hugh Freeze
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.