The Roost Podcast welcomes Sam who covers Houston football with the Scott and Holman Pawdcast to break down the Cougars’ upcoming season.
The Extended Offseason series takes its first step away from Conference USA this week. After touching base with folks in the know across C-USA, we venture across town for a Bayou Bucket discussion with Sam from the Scott and Holman Pawdcast Sam and his co-host Dustin cover all things Houston football.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to our chat with Sam on Episode 44.
Episode 44 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. Make sure you check out the Scott and Holman Pawdcast on Twitter and let them know you enjoyed having him on the pod.
- Rice/COVID-19 Updates — Rice football back to regularly scheduled offseason workouts and the university has announced its plans for the upcoming fall. As of now, the Owls’ first football game is scheduled to kick off within a month’s time.
- Sam and Dustin join the show — Sam and Dustin talked through what’s been an up and down offseason for Houston football and gave us this inside scoop on the latest happenings across town:
- Expectations for newly minted Cougars’ starting quarterback Clayton Tune
- What to make of Dana Holgorsen’s “Year 0” and redshirt usage
- Who steps up on the Houston defense this season?
- The possibilities for an altered schedule and an extended crosstown series
- The Lightning Round
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Basketball: Shorthanded Owls drop pair vs UAB
- Rice Volleyball: 2021 season begins in thrilling fashion
- Rice Basketball 2021 Game Previews: Owls vs UAB
- Rice Volleyball: Owls ready for 2021 spring season