The Roost Podcast welcomes Adrian Broaddus who covers UTEP Football for ESPN 600 El Paso and shares a big announcement concerning the site.
Rice Football opponent previews continue this week as we enter the summer months in earnest. After covering reigning Conference USA Champ UAB last week with AL.com’s Evan Dudley, we moved to the opposite end of the conference standings. This week’s guest is Adrian Broaddus who covers UTEP football for ESPN 600 El Paso.
From what the fans are saying to reasons to have hope in Dana Dimel and the Miners, we covered it all. We also drew some interesting parallels between the rebuilds at Rice and at UTEP. Prior to diving into the Miners, Matthew announces the launch of The Roost’s Patreon page. Then he and Carter discuss the latest in COVID-19 and college athletics.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to our chat with Adrian Broaddus on Episode 38.
Episode 38 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. Make sure you follow Adrian Broaddus on Twitter and let him know you enjoyed having him on the pod.
- Subscribe on Patreon — If you enjoy the site and want to be a part of what we’re building at The Roost, please consider supporting us on Patreon. All who join the Starting Lineup tier or higher by July 1 receive a free copy of the 2020 Rice Football Preview.
- COVID-19 updates — Houston brought athletes back to campus without testing everyone and promptly shut down their voluntary workouts. What ramifications could that have across the country?
- Adrian Broaddus joins the show — Adrian shares his insight on UTEP football under the direction of Dana Dimel and what to expect from the Miners in 2020, including:
- What success looks like for UTEP football in 2020
- Potential breakout stars for the Miners this season
- Whether or not Dimel will complete his five-year contract
- The second edition of the Lightning Round
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2020 Practice Report: First depth chart and injury updates
- Rice Football 2020: Owls in the NFL Week 3 Update
- Rice Football 2020: First week of fall camp practice notes
- Conference USA Football 2020: Week 4 C-USA Roundup