The Roost Podcast welcomes UAB Football beat writer Evan Dudley and gets his perspective on the Blazers and their expectations for 2020.
The first stanza of our Extended Offseason interview series has come to an end. To this point, we’ve welcomed mostly Rice-centric guests, from World Series Champion Anthony Rendon to repeat guest an avid MCU fan Christian Covington. If you’ve missed an episode or are just joining us, make sure you give those a listen on the podcast page or anywhere you get your podcasts.
This week we shift forward toward the return of college football. Part 2 of our Extended Offseason series will pivot toward the gridiron. Each week we’ll welcome a new guest familiar with the Owls’ upcoming opponents. We start this week with Evan Dudley, UAB beat writer from AL.com.
Give a listen to our chat with Evan on Episode 37.
Episode 37 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. Make sure you follow Evan Dudley on Twitter and let him know you enjoyed having him on the pod.
- George Floyd — The murder of George Floyd has sparked important, meaningful conversation in our nation. After getting to know JP Heath and Nate Griffin over the past several years, their interview on The Texas Porch Podcast speaks to the situation better than either Matthew or Carter could. We recommend giving that show a listen.
- Rice news — Rice announced return to campus plans on Thursday. Read more detail on the announcement here. Matthew and Carter discuss the ramifications of bringing athletes back, testing and more.
- Evan Dudley joins the show — Dudley shares his insight on UAB under the direction of Bill Clark and what to expect from the Blazers in 2020, including:
- How long will Clark stay at UAB?
- Tyler Johnston and hope for the UAB offense
- How will the Blazers replace departing stars on defense?
- Takeaways from the shortened spring practice
- The first edition of the Lightning Round
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2020: Owls in the NFL Week 3 Update
- Rice Football 2020: First week of fall camp practice notes
- Conference USA Football 2020: Week 4 C-USA Roundup
- College Football and COVID-19: Mid September Roundup