Former Rice Football quarterback Taylor McHargue joins the show to discuss the 2013 Conference Championship team and the direction of the program today.
Rice Athletics has opted to bridge the sports void with re-airs of some of the program’s best moments. This past week they showed the 2013 Rice Football Conference Championship victory over Marshall at Rice Stadium, prompting a nice segue to our guest for this week’s show. Taylor McHargue, the quarterback of that team, joins us to relive those memories and discuss the latest happenings in the Rice sports world.
McHargue was mentioned in our prior episode (Ep. 26) with Rice Owls’ Voice JP Heath as a candidate for the 2010’s Rice Athletics Mount Rushmore. If you missed it, make sure you give that discussion a listen and send us your thoughts. We’re aiming to air a new show every Saturday for the next several weeks.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 27.
Episode 27 Notes
- Housekeeping — If you like the show, please don’t forget to rate and subscribe on your favorite podcast platform. Spreading the word helps and your voice matters!
- Taylor McHargue joins the show — It was great getting to catch up with the most recent conference championship-winning quarterback at Rice. We discussed:
- The 2013 team and the build up to the championship season
- His potential punting competition with former Owls’ specialist James Farrimond
- The transition from David Bailiff to Mike Bloomgren and the program today
- Proper football scheduling and the right mix of nonconference opponents
- How the coronavirus could impact college football in 2020
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Subscribe on Patreon. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with exclusive recruiting updates, practice notes and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- BREAKING: Rice Football delays start of 2020 season
- College Football and COVID-19: Early August Roundup
- The Roost Podcast | Ep. 45 – 2020 Rice Football Offense Preview
- Rice Athletics: Extended offseason showcase series