The 2020 Rice Football recruiting class has its first signees. Carter and Matthew break down the new additions and analyze how they fit with the current roster.
The Early Signing Period has become the defacto National Signing Day. This year, the 2020 Rice Football Recruiting class inked 17 of its 19 members, holding onto only a handful of remaining slots for February additions. Each of these players was brought to South Main with a purpose. Follow along to hear how the Owls plan to utilize their new additions.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 22 below.
Episode 22 Notes
- The Roost Postseason Survey — We didn’t mention it directly on the podcast, but please take a moment to fill out this brief survey. Feedback makes us better. Whether you have comments on the site, the podcast or anything else, we want to hear it. Thanks!
- Biggest areas of need — Quarterback and offensive line stood out as two positions Rice needed to answer in this recruiting cycle. One of the biggest takeaways from the initial signees was the Owls’ response to that need. More on the decision to take two quarterbacks and the outlook for the offensive line after losing three graduate starters.
- Position by position outlook — Beyond the generic information (height, hometown, position, etc), each addition has a specific role they’ll be asked to play for Rice football in the near future. Which players will see the field soonest and which players will benefit the most from an offseason workout program with head strength and conditioning coach Hans Straub?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Basketball 2021: Owls split with ODU, fail to complete Saturday rally
- Rice Football: linebacker Blaze Alldredge enters Transfer Portal
- Rice Basketball Recruiting: Guard Mekhi Mason commits to Owls
- Rice Basketball 2021 Game Previews: Owls vs Old Dominion