Rice Football earned their second straight win, upsetting North Texas at home in Week 13. Carter and Matthew break down the win and preview UTEP.
A win on Senior Day made for positive vibes and an upbeat locker room this week. Rice football has their first winning streak under Mike Bloomgren and has their eyes on fulfilling the 3-0 challenged handed to them by former NFL coach Rex Ryan when visited the team during the previous bye week. More on how the team go to this point and reasons to believe these recent changes could bring sustained success.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 19 below.
Episode 19 Notes
- Rice Athletics updates — Rice Basketball had a whirlwind of a week. The men took two of three in the Bahamas Showcase with their only loss coming to the tournament champion Liberty Flames. The women dropped their second road contest of the season falling in lopsided fashion to Oklahoma State before rebounding against McNeese State on Wednesday. Volleyball dropped a heartbreaker to WKU.
- North Texas Review — Rice has won back-to-back games despite not scoring any points after halftime. Carter and Matthew discuss the big picture offensive adjustments, the play of true freshman walk-on center Isaac Klarkowski, and the stunning defensive performance of Treshawn Chamberlain and the secondary against one of the best quarterbacks in Conference USA history.
- UTEP Preview — For the second time this season, Rice football enters a game as a favorite. The Owls won’t let their momentum catch them off guard. Instead, the focus this week is sustained production on offense and containing the dual-threat abilities of UTEP quarterback Kai Locksley.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Basketball: Owls ready for next step in 2020 and beyond
- Rice Basketball: Robert Martin finds home as Owls’ sixth man
- Rice Basketball: Young talent the backbone for future success
- Rice Basketball bids goodbye to pair of senior leaders