Rice Football picked up a big win over Middle Tennessee in Week 12. Carter and Matthew break down the victory and preview the North Texas matchup.
For the first time this season, it’s time to discuss a Rice football victory. The win over Middle Tennessee was the first road win of Mike Bloomgren’s tenure at Rice and one with plenty of things to work through, more good than bad.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 18 below.
Episode 18 Notes
- News and notes — Rice Basketball had a heartbreaking week. The women lost a one-point slugfest with No. 5 Texas A&M. Then, two days later, the men let a big first half lead slip away, falling to crosstown rival Houston on Tuesday night. The women’s team is coming into form and the men’s team has looked much better than expected after the first few weeks.
- Middle Tennessee Review — Rice came out swinging, jumping out to a 17-0 lead in Murfreesboro. Carter and Matthew talk through the big day from the offense, highlighting moments from wide receiver Brad Rozner and running back Aston Walter. The coaching staff had this team ready to go and the Owls were able to slam the door in the fourth quarter for the first time.
- North Texas Preview — As of now, Mason Fine is projected to play on Saturday against Rice football. Whoever is at the controls, North Texas is going to make the Rice football defense work. The defense is a different story. The Owls should be able to put up some points, setting themselves with a chance to improve their winning streak to two in a row.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Basketball: Owls ready for next step in 2020 and beyond
- Rice Basketball: Robert Martin finds home as Owls’ sixth man
- Rice Basketball: Young talent the backbone for future success
- Rice Basketball bids goodbye to pair of senior leaders