Homecoming is here for Rice Football as they prepare for Marshall in Week 10. Carter and Matthew preview that game and take one last look at Southern Miss.
It was another mixed bag for Rice football this past weekend against Southern Miss. The Owls looked fantastic on defense and woeful on offense. They’ll have plenty of work to do before their upcoming game, homecoming against Marshall. Carter and Matthew work through all of that in this week’s episode.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 15 below.
Episode 15 Notes
- News and notes — Rice Men’s Basketball starts up on Oct. 31. The women’s basketball team follows on Nov. 5. Make sure to check out our interview with Denver Broncos’ offensive lineman Calvin Anderson on a special edition of The Roost Podcast.
- Southern Miss Review — Another extremely poorly timed turnover turned this game quickly. We hit on the changes the offense is making and the options at quarterback. From there, we discuss the rise of the Rice defense and detail how they’ve gotten so good so quickly.
- Marshall Preview — Marshall is going to try and match the Owls’ physicality on both sides of the ball. Quarterback Isaiah Green’s play has been good this year, but he hasn’t taken the sophomore leap many had hoped he would. The Rice offense keeping pace with Green and Co. will be crucial to how this game goes. More importantly, can the Owls score enough points on offense to support their elite-level defense?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Basketball: Owls ready for next step in 2020 and beyond
- Rice Basketball: Robert Martin finds home as Owls’ sixth man
- Rice Basketball: Young talent the backbone for future success
- Rice Basketball bids goodbye to pair of senior leaders