Rice Football hits its first open week of the season. In this week’s episode, Carter and Matthew breakdown the UAB game and answer your questions.
If you watched from start to finish, the most recent Rice football contest against UAB lasted just over six hours. Spanning multiple weather delays, the Owls came up short. The team enters the open week 0-6 with plenty to work through before the return to the field.
Stay tuned this week as we break down the UAB contest and answer your mailbag questions. You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page.
Give a listen to Episode 11 below.
Episode 11 Notes
- News and notes — Support the site and get some gear. Listen for a special promo code for podcast listeners. While you’re at it, consider leaving us a 5-star review.
- Breaking down the UAB game — This was a weird game. Split between the first half and a lightning-filled and soggy second half, there were a few takeaways on both sides of the ball against UAB. We ran through good things on the offense, how much should be made of the missteps in the secondary and worked through some pressing questions following the rough start.
- Mailbag — How many plays is Rice football from a winning record? Who are the offensive and defensive MVPs for this team at the midseason mark? How encouraged should the Owls be on the recruiting front? Is the women’s basketball team the clear-cut favorite in Conference USA once again? We answered all of those questions and a few more.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.Join The Roost. React to stories and news in the forum. Stay plugged into the latest happenings in Rice Football with practice notes recruiting updates and more. We are your No. 1 source for Rice Athletics News.
- Rice Women’s Basketball Preview: Owls seek rebound vs North Texas
- Rice Basketball: Glue-guy Drew Peterson has become one of Owls’ leaders
- College Football transfer rules could be changing soon
- Rice Baseball: Complete 2020 Walk up song playlist