Three games down and plenty more to come, Carter and Matthew recap Rice Football vs Texas, preview Baylor and give some reasons to keep the faith.
Rice Football has had their ups and downs through three weeks of the 2019 season. The Owls have one game remaining in their nonconference slate. It’s time to keep moving onward, but if you want to check our work you can always find previous episodes on the podcast page.
In Episode 8, Carter and Matthew discuss what in the world happened in the Texas game and how concerned Rice fans should be about the showing on the field last Saturday. Once that conversation ran its course, the Baylor game took center stage. That one kicks off at Rice Stadium on Sep. 14 at 7:00 pm.
Give a listen to Episode 8 below.
Episode 8 Notes
- News and notes — There were some notable Conference USA results, some which concern teams Rice has on the schedule in the coming weeks. Also, please don’t forget to leave us a review wherever you listen to your podcasts.
- Breaking down the Texas game — An honest assessment, within the context of where these two programs are in the present time, helped put some clarity around the one-sided result. There were some good things and some things to keep an eye on.
- Previewing the Baylor game — The last game of the nonconference schedule will give Rice football a new challenge. The Bears are a balanced offense, willing to run the football. Physicality and an early effort will be key in this one.
- State of the program — What should we make about this team after an 0-3 start? More on the culture, the coaches and the long term viability of what Mike Bloomgren and his staff are building at South Main.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Baseball: 2020 MLB Owls – End of regular season update
- Rice Football 2020 Practice Report: First depth chart and injury updates
- Rice Football 2020: Owls in the NFL Week 3 Update
- Rice Football 2020: First week of fall camp practice notes