The Roost Podcast is back with Episode 5. Carter and Matthew break down Rice Football’s Week 1 road game against the Army Black Knights.
The preseason has officially wrapped up and Rice Football games are finally here. If you missed any of the lead up to the 2019 season, you can find our discussions on each of the Owls’ position groups and a special interview with Jack Fox on our podcast page.
This week Carter and Matthew turn their full attention to Army, the first game on the 2019 Rice Football schedule. Get ready for the Friday, August 30 5 p.m. CT kick by following along with the show.
Give a listen to Episode 5 below.
Episode 5 Notes
- News and notes — Read more about Army and get a deep dive on the roster in our 2019 Rice Football Season Preview. Don’t forget to join our season-long pick’em challenge on the forum. Also, three Owls earned scholarships and team captains for the 2019 season were announced.
- Army offense — The fundamentals of the triple-option make it a unique challenge for defenses. How does it work and what will Rice do to combat the scheme with personnel and discipline?
- Army defense — The Black Knights have a lot of pieces to replace on a defensive unit that was good, but not great last season. Where will the Owls have an edge and what battles look the most intriguing?
- Special Teams — Both Rice and Army are breaking in some new specialists, but the Owls weapons have D1 kicking experience under their belts. How much will that experience matter in the game?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Shutout and Shutdown: Rice football stuns undefeated Marshall
- Rice Football vs Marshall: Q&A with HerdNation’s Aaron Perkins
- Rice Football 2020: Marshall Presser Quotes and practice notes
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 63 – Rice Football vs Marshall Preview