Rice football went out with a win. What should we make of the 2021 season? We grade all three phases on this week’s show.
The 2021 Rice football season is in the books. Special teams was terrible. The defense struggled. The offense was … pleasantly exciting? Carter and Matthew break down the totality of the year, starting with the final game against Louisiana Tech and going into grades of each phase and what optimism (or concern) should be warranted going forward.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 102.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Stay tuned for upcoming episodes: The Roosties and our Early Signing Period review
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice Football vs LA Tech Game Recap
- TJ McMahon and what to make of a spunky Rice offense
- The defense wasn’t great, but made key plays when they needed to most
- Rice wins its final game of the season for the third time in four years
- 2021 Rice Football Season Review
- How much defensive regression was injury-related and how much concern should we have going forward?
- Special teams was a disaster (with nice cameos in the return game)
- Was the offense the most encouraging unit of the three? How much credit goes to new OC Marques Tuiasosopo?
- Should there be any significant concerns regarding previously announced transfers?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.