It’s time to talk defense. Matthew and Carter preview the 2021 Rice Football defense this week, breaking down each position’s strengths and concerns.
Up to this point, the offseason has focused on far-reaching Conference USA discussions, opponent previews and guest appearances from Phil Steele, Dave Campbell Texas Football’s Shehan Jeyarajah, a slew of Rice fan favorites and guests from across the country. It’s been a fun ride, but now it’s time to hunker down and focus our attention solely on Rice football. This week we’ll tackle the defense.
Be sure to stick around for a quick game at the end and as always, you can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 87.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- We’re giving away a free copy of the 2021 Rice Football Season Preview to someone who leaves a 5-star review this week!
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice Football Defensive Preview
- Breaking down the impact of the De’Braylon Carroll injury
- How much havoc will the front seven be able to force?
- How will the linebackers move forward without Blaze Alldredge?
- Now healthy, what’s the next step for the Rice secondary?
- Which under-the-radar names could take on bigger roles later in the year?
- What’s more likely to happen…
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2021: Texas presser quotes, practice notes and depth chart
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 91 – Rice Football vs Houston Review
- Rice Football 2021: NFL Owls Week 1 Stats Update
- Rice Football 2021 Game Preview: Texas Longhorns