Matthew Brune of Mean Green 247 joins us this week to preview the 2021 North Texas football season. What can we expect from the Mean Green this year?
The 2021 Rice Football is still a ways away, but we’re getting a head start on the Owls’ opponents this summer. This week Matthew Brune of Mean Green 247 joins the show to talk North Texas football. We take a step back to the Mason Fine years and walk through a brief history of how the program came to be where it is now, with brief tangents into recruiting graphic mishaps, viral Tweets and more.
Be sure to stick around for the lightning round and check out his answers to a selection of North Texas and Conference USA related topics. You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 78.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes our debriefing series on spring football, recruiting news and more.
- Matthew Brune joins the show — Matt shares his insight on North Texas football under Seth Littrell and what to expect from the Mean Green this coming season, including:
- What to make of North Texas’ down 2020 season
- Littrell’s hot seat
- Jace Ruder, Austin Aune and C-USA quarterback situations
- Expectations for the Mean Green in the upcoming season
- The Lightning Round
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- CUSA Media Day Roundup: All eyes on the Rice football offense
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 83 – Realignment and Rice Football with Shehan Jeyarajah
- Olympian Ariana Ince, a fitting ambassador of Rice Athletics, on and off the field
- Rice Baseball: 2021 MiLB Owls mid-July update