This week’s edition of the Roost Podcast is a tribute to Courtney Hall, honoring his memory and impact on the Rice University family.
It seemed fitting to pause from our offseason discussion this week to honor Courtney Hall, the former Rice Football star who went on to achieve tremendous things on and off the field. Joining us to reminisce and speak to Hall’s impact at Rice and beyond is former classmate and friend, Sten Gustafson. He recaps Hall’s journey through South Main and shares what Hall meant to him and the Rice community.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 75.
- If you would, consider sharing this episode with those who knew Courtney Hall.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes our debriefing series on spring football, recruiting news and more.
- Courtney Hall’s journey through Rice and beyond
- Hall entered school at 16 and became a four-year starter for the Owls’ football team
- Drafted at 19 years old, he went on to become the captain of a Super Bowl team
- Hall completed his Rice degree while in the NFL and also earned his JD/MBA at the University of Chicago later in life
- Hall was a member of the Rice Athletics Hall of Fame and had recently been appointed to the university board of trustees
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.