We catch up with former Rice football wide receiver Austin Trammell on this week’s show and discuss his Rice career, NFL aspirations and more.
Austin Trammell has been a staple of the Rice football receiving corps for what feels like forever. He won’t be catching passes at South Main this coming fall, rather opting to make a run at the NFL. We discuss that decision, his time at Rice, playing through the challenges of COVID-19 on this week’s show.
We didn’t remember to ask him about the origins of The Sheriff nickname. That’ll have to wait until he makes a return visit to the show. You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 73.
- Plan on hearing more from The Roost Podcast in your feed every other week as we continue our interview series. We’ll have some returning guests and hopefully a few new Owls to talk with over the next few months.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes our debriefing series on spring football.
- Austin Trammell joins the show to discuss…
- What it was like playing football in 2020
- How many quarterbacks he caught a pass from in his college career (it’s a lot!)
- The decision not to use his extra year of eligibility
- Pro Day and training for the NFL
- What’s next for him and his plans for Draft Day
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- CUSA Media Day Roundup: All eyes on the Rice football offense
- The Roost Podcast | Ep 83 – Realignment and Rice Football with Shehan Jeyarajah
- Olympian Ariana Ince, a fitting ambassador of Rice Athletics, on and off the field
- Rice Baseball: 2021 MiLB Owls mid-July update