We catch up with former Rice football running back Aston Walter on this week’s show and dive into trends and surprises from spring practice.
Spring is in the air and Rice football is on the grass. More than half of the spring sessions have passed, giving us a decent sample size to draw conclusions from. You can find the full practice reports when you subscribe on Patreon.
On this week’s show, we broke down those observations by playing a quick game of “Believe it or Not.” Then we were joined by former Rice football running back Austin Walter, now a graduate assistant at Vanderbilt. He detailed his dreams of being a coach and his journey since he left Rice.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 72.
- Plan on hearing more from The Roost Podcast in your feed every other week as we continue our interview series. We’ll have some returning guests and hopefully a few new Owls to talk with over the next few months.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes spring football practices, currently underway.
- Aston Walter joins the show to discuss…
- His journey into coaching
- His work as an assistant under David Bailiff at Texas A&M Commerce last year
- What he’s learned about scheme and skills along the way
- The move to Vanderbilt and life as a graduate assistant
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2021: NFL Owls Week 6 Stats Update
- Report: Rice Football expected to join the AAC
- Rice Football 2021 Game Preview: UAB
- Rice Football Recruiting: 2022 OL Miguel Cedeno commits to Owls