Rice football never got to kickoff against UTEP. Carter and Matthew discuss the Owls’ third postponement and preview the Marshall game.
Things were going well for Rice football when they woke up last Saturday morning, but shortly before kickoff, the Owls scheduled home game against UTEP was delayed and eventually canceled. Carter and Matthew work through the disappointment from the Owls’ third postponed game in their last four weeks and discuss the ramifications of the disjointed scheduling.
From there, it’s Marshall preview time. The Herd lead Conference USA in several key statistical categories, making it a tough challenge for the Owls on the road.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 63.
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, film room sessions, recruiting news (the Early Signing Period is fast approaching!) and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- The midweek brunch bowl between Western Kentucky and Charlotte was canceled, then rescheduled
- Louisiana Tech goes rouge and plans a nonconference game
- UAB and UTSA are squabbling about tiebreaker scenarios
- Southern Miss hired a new head coach, their fourth coach of the season, and it’s not the strangest thing going on in the conference this week
- Rice Football vs Marshall preview
- Quick trivia: When is the last time Rice football beat a ranked opponent? How about played a close game against a ranked team? Answer on the podcast.
- What’s the formula for Rice against Marshall?
- Key facts to know and expectations for the Owls down the stretch
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.