Rice football had its game against UTSA postponed last weekend. Carter and Matthew talk discuss the fallout and the Owls upcoming contest against Louisiana Tech.
What we had hoped would have been a postgame debrief turned into talk of the Owls’ first unexpected postponement of the 2020 season. UTSA called off last week’s game on Friday morning, citing COVID-19 issues within the football program. That left Rice without an opponent on Saturday.
Carter and Matthew discuss how that postponed game fits into the ever-complex maze of 2020 scheduling and look ahead at Rice football’s upcoming (currently scheduled) game against Louisiana Tech.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 60.
Episode 60 Notes
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, film room sessions, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- Four C-USA games were canceled last weekend
- Only four C-USA teams played
- Rice Football vs UTSA postponed
- First postponement from a Rice opponent since the season began
- Decision was announced on Friday before the game
- Both Rice and UTSA hope to reschedule with hopes that Rice could drop the Marshall game
- Rice gets the added benefit of more players healthy with the off week
- Rice Football vs LA Tech game preview
- Bulldogs two-quarterback system has proven faulty, at best
- Justin Henderson and the running game are going to have a hard time gaining ground
- Louisiana Tech is opportunistic and aggressive on defense. Limiting mistakes is a must.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.