Carter and Matthew breakdown the first Rice football win of the 2020 season over Southern Miss and preview the Owls upcoming game against UTSA.
Rice football picked up its first win of the 2020 season, smashing Southern Miss in a much-needed rebound following a heartbreaking loss to Middle Tennessee. Comparing and contrasting the two-game sample size led to an interesting discussion about the long-term potential of this team.
But, before we get too far ahead of ourselves, we addressed the game at hand. Tune in to hear our recap of the Southern Miss win and our preview of the upcoming matchup with UTSA.
Quick note: the addition of the UAB and Marshall games were announced after we hit the stop button this week. The UTEP cancelation came after we recorded as well — begin the question, if the game didn’t happen, was UTEP ever favored? We’ll cover all of that on next week’s show.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 59.
Episode 59 Notes
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, film room sessions, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- UTEP favored to beat an FBS team (note: the game was canceled after recording)
- Conference standings and where Rice football fits in the mix
- Rice Football vs Southern Miss game recap
- Mike Collins is playing on another level
- Austin Trammell is the best version of himself
- Defense impressive, especially with so many key pieces missing
- Aggressiveness pays off on multiple occasions
- Rice Football vs UTSA game preview
- Limiting Sincere McCormick is a must
- What’s the best game Frank Harris can put together? Will it be enough to outscore the Owls?
- Impact of this game on C-USA West
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.