Rice football returns to the gridiron this week! The Owls’ host Middle Tennessee in their 2020 season opener. Carter and Matthew break down the matchup.
The extended offseason is over and it’s game week. For the first time this fall, we recorded a game preview. From the X’s and O’s and how Rice football matches up with Middle Tennessee to the crucial must-do’s to pull out a win, Carter and Matthew covered it all.
It wasn’t all game news, though. Injuries remain a focal point of the hand Rice has been dealt so far. The first depth chart is missing some key names and the Owls are going to have to start the season with some thin spots in the secondary and at wide receiver.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 57.
Episode 57 Notes
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Conference USA news and notes
- Cancelations around the conference
- C-USA Championship game moved to Dec. 18
- Rice Football news and notes
- Rice names captains: Alldredge, Grammer, Trammell, Myers, Riddle
- ESPN FPI likes the Owls
- First depth chart released: key takeaways
- Rice Football vs Middle Tennessee game preview
- What to look for when Middle Tennessee has the ball
- Asher O’Hara’s struggles under pressure
- What to look for when Rice has the ball
- How the Owls can attack an aggressive, but porous Blue Raider defense
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.