The Rice Football season is two weeks away. In preparation for the games, Carter and Matthew ranked the Owls position groups and opponents.
Rice football is back on the practice field. For the first time in months, we’ve had the chance to see the Owls in action. (Our subscribers can get access to all those practice updates here.) After getting a closer look, Carter and Matthew rank every position group by confidence level.
They also turned their gaze beyond the hedges toward the rest of the Owls’ 2020 opponents. Could another team on the Rice football schedule be more beatable than UTEP? It’s certainly possible.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 55.
Episode 55 Notes
- Housekeeping — Don’t miss this opportunity to subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
- Rice Football opponent rankings
- Which teams on the Owls’ schedule should Rice have the greatest confidence against?
- UTEP is NOT the easiest game on the schedule this year
- The Owls’ toughest opponent might not technically be on the schedule just yet
- Rice Football positional rankings
- The defense is ahead of the offense, but one offensive position group is near the top of the list
- What’s most important? Top end talent or having plenty of depth
- Unknowns at quarterback remain a quandary until we see it on the field.
What do you think?
Have an opinion you’d like to share on the Owls’ opponents and/or roster? Leave it in a review on iTunes or send us your thoughts on Twitter, or any of our other social accounts.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.