An offseason of uncertainty came to an end this week. As first reported by The Roost, Rice Football has returned to practice for the first time this fall.
There were so many twists and turns to this offseason, but the light seems to have appeared at the end of the tunnel. Rice football returned to practice this week and is on schedule to play their first game on Oct. 24 against Middle Tennessee.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 53.
Episode 53 Notes
- Housekeeping — If you haven’t yet, grab a copy of the 2020 Rice Football season preview and subscribe on Patreon. You’ll get practice reports, recruiting news and the latest analysis and updates on all things relating to Rice Athletics.
Want to take a test drive first? We’ve unlocked a few posts for a limited time so you can get a feel for what to expect as a subscriber.
- Rice Football is back — We discuss the breaking news and highlight a few key topics:
- The Owls kicked off fall camp this week, officially beginning the preseason and putting an end to our Extended Offseason
- A quick overview of the twists and turns over the last several months and what it took for Rice to get to this point
- The likelihood of Rice playing out this season as scheduled and what potential impacts could be on the horizon, including a possible rescheduling of the postponed game against UAB
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Athletics experiences first self-initiated COVID-19 postponement
- Rice Baseball: 2021 schedule dates, opponents announced
- Rice Football Recruiting: Flight School 21 wows as National Signing Day nears
- Rice Football 2020: NFL Owls Divisional Round update