Actual college football happened this week. Carter and Matthew breakdown the impact of Austin Peay vs Central Arkansas and discuss C-USA title odds.
We’re a month away from Rice football’s 2020 debut, but college football has officially begun. Austin Peay and Central Arkansas kicked off the fall season last week in a game that might have more impact on the rest of the sport as a whole than it would in other years.
Carter and Matthew examine the circumstances surrounding what was an extremely unusual game and what ripple effects could impact Rice, Conference USA and the national landscape of the sport.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 49.
Episode 49 Notes
- Housekeeping — Schedule news and other updates are coming fast and furious. Make sure you hit the button and subscribe on Patreon so you don’t miss what’s happening behind the scenes. As always, thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference.
- College Football is back
- COVID-19 impacts first game of the season between Austin Peay and Central Arkansas
- Could Austin Peay’s missing players be a sign of things to come?
- Two very different schedules highlight what is destined to be a strange season
- Conference USA odds and Rice outlook
- Oddsmakers are split on the Owls. What are realistic expectations for the team in this truncated season?
- Can this team reach the Conference USA Championship game?
- How do we evaluate this season?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Football 2020: Owls in the NFL Week 3 Update
- Rice Football 2020: First week of fall camp practice notes
- Conference USA Football 2020: Week 4 C-USA Roundup
- College Football and COVID-19: Mid September Roundup