Christian Convington joins The Roost Podcast this week in the next installment of our longest offseason interview series.
The Roost Podcast is doing chugging along. In our newfound world without sports on the field, we’ve found time to sit down and interview current and former Rice Athletes across several sports. If you haven’t caught recent episodes, you’ll want to check out visits with Erica Ogwumike, JP Heath, Taylor McHargue and more.
This week former Rice football defensive lineman Christian Covington joined the show. We talked about his recruitment from Canada, his rude awakening to the Texas heat and what’s been going on in his life during the recent shutdown. From favorite JJ Watt stories to his free agency updates, you won’t want to miss it.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 29.
Episode 29 Notes
- Housekeeping — If you’re on Twitter, please give the show a follow. Get a sneak peak when episodes are inbound and the latest happening by turning on notifications. We promise not to spam you and you’ll be the first to know when new shows drop. It’s a win-win.
- Christian Covington joins the show — After interviewing his Rice football teammate Taylor McHargue on a previous episode, Covington was kind enough to join us this week. We discussed:
- What free agency looks like during a pandemic
- His journey from Canada to Rice to the NFL
- His impressions on the Rice football program today
- Favorite memories on and off the field at Rice
- JJ Watt’s generosity and laser tag prowess … and more.
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Basketball 2021 Game Previews: Owls vs Old Dominion
- Conference USA Football and COVID-19: Postponements abound in 2020
- Rice Women’s Basketball: 2020-2021 Midseason State of the Program
- Rice Football: 10 Takeaways from 2020 season