Another week brought another big win for Rice football. The Owls upset UAB (again) and are 3-2 heading into the bye for the first time since 2013.
In their final meeting in Conference USA, Rice football added more fuel to a possible rivalry fire, beating the UAB Blazers for the second-consecutive meeting. The Owls didn’t play their best brand of football, but won ugly, coming from behind in the second half as double-digit underdogs to take home the big win as they head into the off week.
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 128.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes practice updates, analysis and more. Your support matters and makes The Roost better.
Rice Football vs UAB game recap
- Rice football has found a way to win ugly, and it’s a good thing
- Offense disappears for most of the first half
- Halftime adjustments pay huge dividends
- Defense had their moments, making a huge defensive score late
- How does this start compare to preseason expectations?
- Are the offense, defense and special teams all playing better than we might have initially hoped?
- Where does this team fit in Conference USA?
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
Subscribe on Patreon for exclusive Rice football recruiting updates, practice notes and more.