Rice football fell to WKU, halting bowl aspirations. We discuss the game and share a few big-picture thoughts on head coach Mike Bloomgren’s tenure.
Matthew and Carter are back this week to break down another Rice football loss, although one seemingly less crushing than the previous overtime defeats. They discuss what to make of the Owls’ performance against Western Kentucky and the outlook for the rest of the season and beyond both for the program and its head coach. The program has improved from where it was almost four years ago. Can Bloomgren keep the trajectory pointed upward?
You can find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to Episode 100.
- Don’t forget to rate, review and subscribe to the podcast on your platform of choice. Every little bit helps.
- Check out the Blue and Gray Preview Show every Wednesday at Noon, hosted by Matthew and Rice radio broadcaster JP Heath on the Rice Athletics Youtube Channel
- Please support us on Patreon. Be the first to get the inside scoop on what’s going on with Rice football and stick around for even further analysis. That includes updates from fall camp, practices and more.
- Rice football vs WKU Review
- Jake Constantine had a bad day, but he wasn’t the reason Rice lost this game
- The offense has evolved under Coach Tuiasiopopo and now scored 20 points in four straight
- What’s the missing piece that is hindering this defense?
- How much from this game can/should have any bearing on the next one?
- The Mike Bloomgren Era
- Evaluating how far the program has come under his tenure
- Weighing disappointment and what’s best for Rice going forward
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.