The Rice basketball had both teams in action last week, but only the women remain on schedule to play Marshall this weekend.
Time: Feb. 20 at 11:00 a.m. CT and Feb. 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Cam Henderson Center
Radio: Stretch Internet Portal
TV: Feb. 20 – CUSAtv / Feb. 21 – CUSAtv
Originally scheduled for Feb. 19 and Feb. 20 (Friday / Saturday), the series was delayed one day. The teams will now play on Feb. 20 and Feb. 21 (Saturday / Sunday).
Marshall 5-7 (4-6), Last 5 (2-3)
- 60-69 (L) at Western Kentucky
- 60-75 (L) vs FIU
- 65-56 (W) vs FIU
- 70-80 (L) vs Old Dominion
- 73-68 OT (W) vs Old Dominion
Marshall statistical leaders
- Scoring | Savannah Wheeler – 18.0 per game
- Rebounds | Alexis Johnson – 7.3 per game
- Assists | Ksenija Mitric – 3.0 per game
- Steals | Kristen Mayo – 2.0 per game
- Blocks | Mahogany Matthews – 2.5 per game
Rice 12-1 (8-0), Last 5 (5-0)
- 55-43 (W) vs UTEP
- 77-66 (W) at Old Dominion
- 67-59 (W) at Old Dominion
- 64-55 (W) vs Western Kentucky
- 77-74 (W) vs Western Kentucky
Rice statistical leaders
- Scoring | Nancy Mulkey – 16.6 per game
- Rebounds | Nancy Mulkey – 7.7 per game
- Assists | Jasmine Smith – 4.3 per game
- Steals | Jasmine Smith and Sydne Wiggins – 1.4 per game
- Blocks | Nancy Mulkey – 3.4 per game
Whats’s at stake
Rice (8-0) is the only team in Conference USA undefeated in league play, but they don’t have much wiggle room. North Texas (8-2) and Middle Tennessee (10-2) are close and the Owls still have a date with the Mean Green to close the season. Holding serve against Marshall (4-6), even on the road, will be crucial for the Owls.
Men’s Basketball update
The men’s games against Marshall in Houston were first postponed by Winter Storm Uri then canceled because of COVID-19 concerns within the program.