Who better to discuss the world of Star Wars than Fulbright honoree and former Rice cross country runner Adolfo Carvalho. He joins the show to offer his ranks.
Former Rice cross country runner Adolfo Carvalho stopped by The Roost Podcast to share some of his favorite moments from his Rice Athletics experience. From walking on to the cross country team to juggling athletics and academics, his unique vantage point offered an interesting angle into what Rice athletes go through on a day to day basis.
We also touched on an intersection between Carvalho’s field of study and his personal passions: Star Wars. He gave us his power ranking of every live-action movie and some of his opinions on the series as a whole.
Read More: Rice Basketball Transfer Tracker
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to our chat with Adolfo Carvalho on Episode 34.
Episode 34 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. Make sure you Adolfo Carvalho on Twitter and let him know if you enjoyed having him on the pod.
- Adolfo Carvalho joins the show — One of the brightest guests to join the show so far, Caravhol’s physics background and athletic memories provided lots of interesting discussion topics:
- His Rice experience and academic and athletic honors
- What’s next for him in his studies and beyond
- His favorite non-athletic Rice memories
- How he rewatching the Star Wars series became an annual tradition
- His rankings of every live-action Star Wars movie
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Volleyball: Owls ready for 2021 spring season
- Rice Athletics experiences first self-initiated COVID-19 postponement
- Rice Baseball: 2021 schedule dates, opponents announced
- Rice Football Recruiting: Flight School 21 wows as National Signing Day nears