Former Rice football defensive back Gabe Baker joins the show as it diverts from sports to talk The Bachelor’s Listen to Your Heart and music.
It’s been an exciting few weeks for The Roost Podcast. The Extended Offseason interview series continues on with special guest Gabe Baker. We covered a lot of ground with the former Rice football safety, covering more culture than sports for an excellent change of pace.
If you want X’s and O’s and (somewhat) succinct college football analysis, give a listen to last week’s show. Dave Campbell Texas Football’s insider Shehan Jeyarajah joined the podcast to discuss the state of the sport and potential alternatives to a normal football season. Almost every FBS team in Texas got a mention, including several smaller schools.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, give a listen to our chat with Gabe Baker on Episode 32.
Episode 32 Notes
- Housekeeping — Thanks to all of you who have followed the show on Twitter and left a review on iTunes. It’s quick, but it makes a difference. We also want to be better about plugging our guests. Follow Gabe Baker on Twitter and make sure to check out his new single, Butterflies.
- Gabe Baker joins the show — Baker has been a busy man since his football days ended. Our talk with him centered on what he’s done since, including:
- His journey from Rice to reality television
- What it was like living at the mansion and being a part of The Bachelor’s Listen to Your Heart
- How a delayed flight home from the Hawaii Bowl played a role in his musical career
- The debut of his first single
- His go-to karaoke songs (shout out to Sinatra and Disney)
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.
- Rice Basketball 2021 Game Previews: Owls vs Old Dominion
- Conference USA Football and COVID-19: Postponements abound in 2020
- Rice Women’s Basketball: 2020-2021 Midseason State of the Program
- Rice Football: 10 Takeaways from 2020 season