Former Rice baseball third baseman and reigning World Series Champion Anthony Rendon joins The Roost Podcast. We talk baseball’s postponed season and more.
The Roost’s extended offseason series continued this week with a superstar guest. Houston native, Rice baseball great and reigning World Series Champion Anthony Rendon joined the show. He recapped what life has been life for him over the last several months, from winning the World Series to what he’s doing to help those impacted by the coronavirus in Houston and California.
Rendon is the latest in a fantastic run of Rice-related guests. If you haven’t yet, make sure you check out our conversations with Christian Covington, JP Heath, Erica Ogwumike and more.
You can always find previous episodes on the podcast page. For now, Give a listen to Episode 30.
Episode 30 Notes
- Housekeeping — Your support means more than you know. If you like the show, please take a minute to rate and subscribe. Your voices help spread the show. Like the guests we’ve had on? Give them a shout on social media and say thanks! And while you’re at it, give the show a follow.
- Anthony Rendon joins the show — With no season to speak of, Anthony Rendon took some time out of his schedule to join the podcast. We covered a lot of ground, hitting on a few of these topics:
- What’s it like moving across the country during a pandemic?
- The World Series (sorry, Houston Astros fans)
- Why he signed with the Angels
- What he’s doing to help those impacted by the coronavirus in Houston
- How far he can throw a tee shirt inside Tudor Fieldhouse
- His thoughts on an abbreviated or modified 2020 MLB season
Where can you find us?
Download and subscribe to The Roost Podcast on any of your favorite podcast providers. The show is available on iTunes, GooglePlay, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, TuneIn and PodBean. Please consider leaving a review wherever you listen.